Restricted membership of the Melbourne Cricket Club entitles access to the Members Reserve for almost all events at the MCG.
Access to the Members’ ReserveThe Members’ Reserve has a capacity of almost 23,000 and is where members and their guests gather to witness the great sporting moments at the MCG.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Club has worked closely with the Victorian government to develop a framework in which major events can operate. This has resulted in the endorsed COVIDSafe Event Plan that is in place and underpins the Club’s commitment to protecting the ongoing wellbeing of members and their guests.
In another measure of the COVIDSafe Event Plan, members MUST pre-book a ticket to any upcoming matches they wish to attend at the MCG. There will be no walk-up opportunity for members.
Members will be allocated to the Members’ Reserve zone with a section, row and seat listed on a digital ticket sent by Ticketek. This ticket will not be for entry as members are still required to scan into the Members’ Reserve using their membership card, which will be activated upon securing a reserved seat. The Ticketek issued digital ticket will be used by event staff to direct you to the correct seat.
2021-22 Cricket Season
The MCG will host both domestic and international matches across the 2021-22 cricket season with the fixture to feature KFC BBL|11 blockbusters, Marsh Sheffield Shield and One-Day Cup competitions in addition to the traditional Boxing Day Test when the Men’s Ashes Series returns to Australia this summer.
View the schedule here. Members’ arrangements for these events will be released in stages due to the potential impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Restricted members are entitled to attend meetings of the Club but are unable to vote; nor can they nominate committee or office-bearer candidates, nominate new members or receive privileges at interstate and overseas reciprocal clubs.
BENEFITS OF MCC MEMBERSHIP - RESTRICTED
- Free admission to the MCC Members Reserve for all AFL home and away and finals series matches with the exception of the AFL Grand Final and all international and domestic cricket matches with the exception of special events/tournaments such as the ICC Cricket World Cup.
- Access to MCC Plus, a program adding more value to your membership.
- The right to introduce visitors on specific match days and on non-event weekdays.
- Possibility of access to special events like soccer, rugby union and rugby league, generally at a subsidised admission fee.
- Regular news updates via website, email and social media.
- Access to various Members Reserve dining and bar facilities on event days. Members and guests may also dine at the Club for lunch on weekdays.
- Invitations to attend a wide range of Club functions and events suitable for all interests and age demographics.
- The opportunity to join the Club’s sporting sections such as baseball, bowls, croquet, golf, hockey, lacrosse, netball, real tennis, squash, target shooting and tennis.
- The opportunity to join any of the Club’s special interest groups such as the Long Room Wine and Food Society, Military Veterans Group, Bridge Club, Young Members Club, Women of MCC group and the XXIX Club, which plays social cricket matches locally, interstate and overseas.
- Discounted admission to the Australian Sports Museum and free admission to take an MCG Tour.
- Access to other special offers exclusive to MCC members which can be found here from time to time.