The Melbourne Cricket Club looks forward to welcoming you back into the Members’ Reserve for the upcoming 2021/22 summer of cricket.The MCG will host both domestic and international matches across the 2021/22 cricket season with the fixture to feature BBL|11 blockbusters, a T20 International match between Australia and Sri Lanka, Sheffield Shield and One-Day Cup competitions in addition to the traditional Boxing Day Test when the Men’s Ashes Series returns to Australia this summer.
Following the Victorian Government’s recent announcement that the MCG will be able to host a full capacity crowd for the Boxing Day Test, we are pleased to announce member arrangements for our upcoming events. As a measure of contact tracing, the Members’ Reserve will be fully ticketed for the cricket season with no walk-up capacity.
View the summer of cricket schedule here.
TicketsMember and visitor tickets for the 2021 Boxing Day Test, BBL|11 matches and T20 International are now on sale. There is a ticket limit of 10 tickets per event.
Please note that members will need to be financial for the 2021/22 membership season to be eligible to obtain tickets. Member who obtain tickets for themselves will have their membership card validated for entry at Gate 2.
| ||Test||T20 International||BBL|
|Members' seat tickets||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Adult visitor tickets||$75.00||$65.00||$42.00|
|Child (6-14yo) visitor tickets||$30.00||$25.00||$15.00|
|Child under 6 years of age||Nil||Nil||Nil|
Transaction fee of $7.45 (Test and T20 International) and $5.20 (BBL|11) applies for all transactions that include paid tickets.
Member arrangementsFull and Restricted Members
Full and Restricted members will be able to purchase up to two visitor tickets for Day 1 of the Boxing Day Test and up to four visitor tickets for all other days of the Boxing Day Test, BBL|11 and T20 International matches.
Only Full and Restricted members will be able to obtain seating on Level 2 of the Members’ Reserve for days one to three of the Boxing Day Test. Visitors and guest card holders will not be able to obtain seating on Level 2 on these days.
Access to the Long Room and Frank Grey Smith Bar will only be available to Full and Restricted members for days one to three of the Boxing Day Test. Visitors and guest card holders will not be able to access the Long Room and Frank Grey Smith Bar on these days.
Visitors of Full and Restricted members and guest card holders will be able to access seating on Level 2, the Long Room and Frank Grey Smith Bar on the remaining days of the Boxing Day Test and at all BBL|11 and T20 International matches.
The 2021/22 summer of cricket matches have been categorised for Provisional members in line with demand across the membership. The following categorisation will dictate Provisional member access to the events.
|Access to Members' Reserve||Visitor tickets||Members' Dining |
|Jim Stynes Grill|
3 & 4
Match day categories for Provisional members
|2021 Boxing Day Test||Category|
| || |
50-year Members50-year members will be able to reserve seats in within their allocated section, N42 on Level 2, and obtain another seat for another member eligible for entry on their chosen day. Those with visitor tickets will not be able to access N42.
The John Landy Room will be available to 50-year members on a walk-up basis for light snacks and refreshments during breaks in play.
Members' DiningRegistrations for the Members Dining Room and Jim Stynes Grill dining ballots for all days of the Test will be taken from 9.00am on Monday December 13 until 5.00pm on Tuesday December 14.
A limit of two guests per member will apply in the Members Dining Room and Jim Stynes Grill for days one to three of the Boxing Day Test. All other days are commensurate with the visitor ticket limit in place for the match day.
The Long Room, Hugh Trumble Café, Tower 6 and Stumps will be available on a walk-up basis.
FunctionsThe traditional Boxing Day Test Breakfast returns in 2021. There is no better way to kick off our biggest cricket day on the annual MCG calendar than hearing from big names in the game. The breakfast will again be hosted by former Australian fast-bowling favourite Damien Fleming with special guest speaker Ian Botham who is hailed as one of the greatest all-rounders in the history of the game. This function will be open to Full and Restricted members and they may bring up to (1) one guest. Click here to find out more.
The annual Women in Cricket Test Breakfast with new host for 2021, Tiffany Cherry, will again be held in the Members' Dining Room on Day 2 of the Boxing Day Test. This year, members and their guests will enjoy breakfast while hearing from a cricket legend who is considered one of the greatest Australian international bowlers of all time, Glenn McGrath. Full and Restricted members are welcome to bring up to (2) two guests. Click here to find out more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Condition of EntryIn line with the Victorian Government health directives for major events at the MCG, entry will only be granted to fully vaccinated patrons (over the age of 12 years and two months) who can provide proof of vaccination status.
Children under 12 years and two months do not need to be vaccinated but must be accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult.
Unvaccinated patrons will not be permitted to enter the MCG, unless they are able to display a valid immunisation medical exemption provided by a Victorian Government-approved health professional.
As members and their guests arrive at the Gate 2, they are asked to bring up their COVID-19 digital certificate to display to match day staff at the entrance gate in one of two ways:
- Scan the QR code outside the entrance gate using the Services Victoria App on your smart device.
- Show their COVID-19 digital certificate in the same smart wallet on their device, that houses their digital ticket from Ticketek. All patrons will still be required to “check-in” to the MCG via the Services Victoria app.
For patrons without a smart device, they will be required to provide a printed version of the COVID-19 digital certificate or Immunisation History statement, which can be used as evidence of vaccination.
SeatingUpon ticket purchase, you will be allocated a section, row and seat within the Members’ Reserve via a digital ticket sent by Ticketek.
Before arriving at the MCGWe encourage all members and their guests to do the following, as part of their preparation if they plan to attend:
- Make sure you pack your debit, credit or MCCPlus+ card as the MCG will operate as a cashless venue.
- Face masks are strongly recommended where physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Come prepared for all types of weather conditions, including packing a hat, sunscreen, sunglasses and a poncho or a raincoat.
- Keep your bag or backpack to a size that can fit comfortably under your seat. Larger bags such as duffle bags, sports bags or suitcases will be required to be checked in to the cloaking facilities located at Gate 1 and Gate 3.
ParkingParking availability in Yarra Park will be confirmed closer to the event date. Please continue to check here.
At the 'G
- You will be required to enter via Gate 2. Have your membership card ready to scan into the Members’ Reserve.
- As patrons arrive at the Gate, they are asked to bring up their COVID-19 digital certificate to display to match day staff at the entrance gate in one of two ways: 1. Scan the QR code outside the entrance gate using the Service Victoria App on your smart device.
- Once inside, open up the Service Victoria app and scan the displayed QR codes to register your attendance.
2. Show their COVID-19 digital certificate in the same smart wallet on their device that houses their digital ticket from Ticketek. All patrons will still be required to “check-in” to the MCG via the Services Victoria app.
COVIDSafe MeasuresCOVIDSafe settings will be in place throughout the MCG, so please play your role and follow these simple directions:
- Clean hands. Please remember to wash or sanitise your hands regularly, using one of the MCG’s installed 275 Dettol hand sanitisation stations throughout the Ground.
- Know when it’s time to bow out. If you have COVID-19 symptoms or have been advised to get tested by a contact, workplace or school, please get tested and isolate until you get a negative result.
- Protect the head. Face masks are strongly recommended where physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Stay at least a couple of cricket bat’s length apart. For good measure, please stay 1.5 metres from one another.
Here to helpWe’re here to help – all members and their guests are encouraged to contact management in the event they need any assistance or have witnessed anti-social behaviour.
The channels in which members can contact management are through:
Information found at: mcc.org.au
Live Chat function on the MCC website (available Monday to Friday between 9am-5pm AEDT).
Located at Gate 2 of the MCG, the Membership Services Counter is open Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm AEDT.
View Conditions of Entry
View additional Conditions of Entry relating to COVID-19
This webpage will be updated with details regarding the 2021/22 summer of cricket on an ongoing basis. Please check back here for updates, keep an eye on your emails, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Download the Service Victoria app to check-in at the MCG.