*Parking alert: Access via Gate 7 is restricted to passholders and disability permit holders only.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Members’ Reserve as the Melbourne Stars host the Hobart Hurricanes.
For important information about attending the Members' Reserve for cricket, click here
Tickets for the BBL|12 season are now on sale via Ticketek
Stars to honour Shane Warne at the MCG
The Melbourne Stars will pay tribute to foundation team member Shane Warne when they host the Hobart Hurricanes at the MCG on December 16.
The Stars will dedicate their opening home match of the BBL|12 season to the King of Spin, who passed in March of this year.
The evening will feature a range of tributes including highlights and memories shared by players, the Warne Family and more.
Get involved by joining in a standing ovation after the 23rd ball mark of the game.
This match is a Category 3 match. Unreserved seating areas are available in the following locations:Level 1
- M37 (rows C-X)
- M39 (rows A-Z)
- M40 (rows A-Z)
- M41 (rows A-EE) - no alcohol
- M42 - no alcohol
Level 3Level 4
- N41 (rows A-F) - no alcohol
- N45 (rows A-L)
- N48 - no alcohol
The registration period for the Members' Dining Room and Jim Stynes Grill for this event will open at 9.00am on Monday December 5. Bookings for BBL matches will be processed on a first-in, first-served manner.
Balcony passes will not be required for visitors to access Level 2 and 3 seating for Big Bash League matches.
Members can access up to four Long Room passes for this match. Long Room passes can be obtained from the Membership Services windows at Gate 2.
General public parking in Yarra Park is available for this match. Click here
for parking information as well as alternative parking options close to the MCG, and continue to check regularly for updates.
Road closuresBrunton Avenue
At the 'G
- You will be required to enter via Gate 2.
- The MCG is a cashless venue. All food, beverage and merchandise outlets will be cashless – so all transactions will need to be made on your debit card, credit card or MCC Plus card.
- The MCG is a smoke, e-cigarette and vape free venue. Patrons found smoking or vaping inside the Ground will face immediate eviction.
- The MCG’s official hygiene partner, Dettol, has installed 275 hand sanitisation stations throughout the Ground to support good personal hygiene practices.
- We also recommend packing a fitted face mask. While masks are not mandatory, we encourage patrons who wish to do so to wear masks where physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- At the MCG, your safety is our priority. If you experience any form of antisocial behaviour, please report it via the MCG's antisocial text hotline on +61 409 117 621.
Metro Trains Disruptions
Buses replace trains on sections of the Hurstbridge, Frankston, Sandringham, Sunbury, Werribee and Williamstown lines
- Passengers should allow extra time when travelling to and from the MCG.
- Please be aware after the match there may be increased congestion and delays getting onto the platforms at Richmond and Jolimont stations.
- Passengers are advised to return to where they got off the bus prior.
For further information and to plan your journey at ptv.vic.gov.au
The G-Train Mobility Shuttle Service
The G-Train Mobility Shuttle Service operates during public events held at the MCG.
The service is free and accessible to patrons with mobility challenges and also features vehicles with wheelchair-friendly access.
Pre-booking is not required; simply wait at a designated pick up point for the next available buggy. The service has pick up points from the following locations:
Find out more
- Richmond Station
- Jolimont Station
- Accessible Parking Area
MCC Library Fact SheetMCC Library Fact Sheet - Melbourne Stars v Hobart Hurricanes
Flashing Lights Warning
Please note, flashing lights and pyrotechnics will be used throughout this match at the MCG.