The Melbourne Cricket Club looks forward to welcoming you to the MCG for Billy Joel.
Gates open: 5.00pm AEDT
Tina Arena: 7.00pm AEDT
Billy Joel: 8.30pm AEDT
Times are approximate only and it is recommended that all patrons are seated by no later than 8.00pm to see Billy Joel.
Frequently Asked Questions
To find out more on attending the MCG for Billy Joel, download the FAQs here.
To view the arena seating map, click here
To ensure you are inside the Ground in time for the show, arrive early and leave plenty of time for the entry process.
General public parking in Yarra Park is available for this event. Click here
for parking information as well as alternative parking options close to the MCG, and continue to check regularly for updates.
Metro Trains Disruptions
Buses replace trains on sections of the Frankston, Stony Point, Cranbourne, Pakenham and Upfield lines this Saturday.
- Passengers should allow extra time when travelling to and from the MCG.
- Please be aware after the concert there may be increased congestion and delays getting onto the platforms at Richmond and Jolimont stations.
Frankston line passengers are advised after the concert:
- Passengers travelling to stations between Moorabbin and Frankston should take a Sandringham line train service to Brighton Beach for a connecting replacement bus.
- Passengers travelling to stations between South Yarra and Patterson should take a train service to South Yarra for a connecting replacement bus.
Cranbourne and Pakenham line passengers:
- Passengers travelling to stations between Caulfield and Hughesdale, should take a Lilydale, Belgrave or Glen Waverley line train to Burnley for a connecting replacement bus.
- Passengers travelling to stations between Oakleigh, Cranbourne and Pakenham should take a Glen Waverley line train to Darling for a connecting replacement bus.
Passengers on the Stony Point and Upfield lines are advised to return to where they got off the bus prior.
For further information and to plan your journey at ptv.vic.gov.au
Brunton Avenue: 5.00-11.30pm
Jolimont Street and Terrace: 5.00-11.30pm
Vale Street: 5.00-11.30pm
Wellington Parade: 11.00-11.30pm
The G-Train Mobility Shuttle Service
The G-Train Mobility Shuttle Service operates during public events held at the MCG.
The service is free and accessible to patrons with mobility challenges and in 2022, the G-Train will also feature vehicles with wheelchair-friendly access.
Pre-booking is not required; simply wait at a designated pick up point for the next available buggy. The service has pick up points from the following locations:
Find out more
- Richmond Station
- Jolimont Station
- Accessible Parking Area
At the 'G
- You will be required to enter via the gate listed in your ticket.
- The MCG is a cashless venue. All food, beverage and merchandise outlets will be cashless – so all transactions will need to be made on your debit, credit or MCC Plus membership card.
- The MCG is a smoke, e-cigarette and vape free venue. Patrons found smoking or vaping inside the Ground will face immediate eviction and could face further disciplinary action by the Club.
- The MCG’s official hygiene partner, Dettol, has installed 275 hand sanitisation stations throughout the Ground to support good personal hygiene practices.
- We also recommend packing a fitted face mask. While masks are not mandatory, we encourage patrons who wish to do so to wear masks where physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- At the MCG, your safety is our priority. If you experience any form of antisocial behaviour, please report it via the MCG's antisocial text hotline on +61 409 117 621.
Flashing Lights Warning
Please note, flashing lights may be used throughout this event at the MCG.